If you’re looking for a drug-free option to treat your child’s health issues, pain, or other troubles, you may be interested in pediatric treatment from our chiropractor in Independence, Dr. Steven Rickman.
Chiropractic adjustments for children and infants can help with a range of problems. Treatment is gentle, safe, and effective at improving your child’s health. Learn more about what we offer our pediatric patients in Independence MO, Blue Springs MO, and Lee's Summit MO.
The Importance of Choosing an Experienced Chiropractor in Independence
Proper education and training is the key to ensuring the effectiveness and safety of pediatric care. Delivering a chiropractic adjustment to an adult is not the same as treating a child. The joints may be identical, but they are miniature and not fully developed, especially in babies. Pediatric care calls for smaller contacts and gentler, shallower adjustments.
This is why you must choose a chiropractor in Independence who specializes in pediatric treatment. At Rickman Chiropractic, our entire team is properly educated and trained to help our youngest patients.
Conditions a Pediatric Chiropractor Can Treat
Young children, toddlers, and babies don’t usually complain of throwing out their backs. Instead, they tend to suffer from central nervous system problems, digestive issues, and illnesses unique to children. Our pediatric chiropractor can help minimize many problems seen in children and babies, including:
- Scoliosis - Pediatric screenings can detect scoliosis in time to recommend an effective treatment.
- Digestive issues - Spinal realignment releases nerves that became constricted in utero, improving brain-to-stomach communication and relieving digestive problems in babies.
- Nursing dysfunction - If your infant doesn’t latch properly, pathways in the central nervous system may be pinched. Clearing the blockage lets the tongue and throat muscles work properly.
- Colic - Many factors are thought to contribute to colic in infants, including an irritated spine. The frequent improvement seen following gentle chiropractic adjustments supports this theory.
- Ear infections - Chiropractic care can help ear infections by restoring normal drainage of the lymphatic vessels.
- ADHD - Although our pediatric chiropractor doesn’t directly treat ADHD, he can eliminate spinal subluxations that may irritate your child’s already an overactive nervous system.
- Allergies and asthma - Since allergies and asthma are often caused by a hypersensitive immune system, our chiropractor can help your child’s symptoms by ensuring normal communication between the brain and spinal cord.
- Torticollis - A pediatric chiropractor can help with this condition, which is characterized by contracting neck muscles that cause the head to twist and jerk.
- Bedwetting - Chiropractic care can help alleviate bedwetting by reducing irritation that affects the nerves responsible for bladder control.
- Sleeping difficulties - Relieving stress on the spine can help an anxious child relax and fall asleep.
Schedule Pediatric Treatment with Dr. Rickman
If you’re interested in pediatric treatment from our chiropractor in Independence, a consultation is a right place to begin. For answers to your remaining questions, please call 816-350-0020 to schedule a consultation for your child. We serve Independence MO, Blue Springs MO, and Lee's Summit MO.