Independence Chiropractor Provides Pain Relief for Auto Accident Injuries
If you have been involved in an automobile accident, whether it was just a “fender bender” or more serious accident, chances are you will develop neck pain, back pain or need whiplash treatment due to soft tissue injury and worsening systemic inflammation. Many vehicle accident victims do not realize how serious their injuries are until days, sometimes weeks later, minor aches and pains worsen and no longer respond to over the counter pain medications. Delayed health problems attributed to auto injuries include stiffening, intensely painful neck muscles, numbness and tingling of arms, legs and hands and significantly reduced range of motion and quality of life. For holistic, long-term relief of auto accident injuries, make an appointment with your chiropractor in Independence today to begin enjoying musculoskeletal pain relief.
Services Provided by Your MO Chiropractor
Your car accident chiropractor in Independence uses a variety of chiropractic adjustments to realign spinal vertebrae, remove pressure off nerves enervating all body systems and quickly eliminates soft tissue inflammation responsible for neck pain, back pain and whiplash symptoms. Types of chiropractic adjustments we use at Rickman Chiropractic are:
- Prone specific – manual adjustment of spinal vertebrae for reducing pain
- Diversified adjustment – involves several treatment modes in one treatment, diversified adjustments begins with a low amplitude motion performed by your MO chiropractor, followed by a high velocity motion to effectively engage back and cervical vertebrae.
- Thompson technique – similar to spinal decompression, the Thompson technique has patients lie on a table to permit more comprehensive adjustment to the spine.
- Activator adjustment – a spring-loaded activator device is used to facilitate repositioning of vertebrae to remove nerve compression
Whiplash Treatment Due to Auto Accident Injuries
Whiplash occurs when your neck ligaments hyperextend from being severely jolted back and forth. Medically referred to as acceleration flexion-extension, whiplash injury seriously impacts cervical soft tissues and the upper part of your spine by severely stretching tissues and ligaments and then allowing them to suddenly and forcefully snap back. Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Worsening neck, back and shoulder pain
- Headaches, migraines and facial pain
- Hand and arm numbness
- Vision difficulties
- Stiff neck/inability to turn your head without pain
To diagnose whiplash, your Independence car accident chiropractor will evaluate your symptoms, perform an examination of your neck and back and ask about when you first felt your symptoms. Treatment for whiplash consists of adjustments to realign and stabilize spinal vertebrae, therapeutic massage and gentle physical therapy to strengthen muscles and soft tissues suffering overextension and inflammation.
If you have been in an auto accident and are now suffering whiplash symptoms, neck pain, back pain or other health issues, please call Rickman Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with your Independence chiropractor at (816) 350-0020.